1. At Hiplee, your privacy is important to us. These are our guiding privacy principles:
We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share personal information.
We’re thoughtful about the personal information we ask for and that we collect through the operation of our services.
We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
We help protect you from external party demands for your personal information.
Hi and thanks for visiting our website Hiplee.ai and using our hiplee.ai apps. Our mission is to help Fashion e-commerce enjoy better outcomes. Our website is operated by Hiplee Ltd, which also conducts business as “Hiplee”.
- Our websites (including Hiplee.ai);
- Our applications (including apps for Shopify, Woo Commerce and other e-commerce platforms); and
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites.
3. Information we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways:
- if and when you provide information to us, and
- automatically through operating our services.
Let’s go over the information that we collect.
3.1 Information you provide to us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an account to provide a username and email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name–but we don’t require that information to create your account.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. For example, your username is part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is just that–public–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Identifying Information: We collect certain personal information from you when you sign up to our Service and/or engage in transactions via our Services, including through your account, when you register for our newsletter, respond to surveys, communicate with our Happiness Engineers about a support question, or post a question about your site in our public forums, post on our social media page, or through our chat service, that can be used to identify you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, image, and photographs.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us – a subscription for example – you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. We use a third-party service to receive payments. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card information; that is handled entirely by our payment services vendor. If you purchase a gift card, we will collect the personal information about you and about the recipient that is necessary to process the purchase and to deliver the gift card.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you. This may include clothes or collections that you like, or your dress size and style preferences in order to recommend items for you.
3.2 Information you provide to us
We also collect some information automatically:
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your website on WordPress.com.
Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that site administrators and users perform on a site–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
4. Your customers Personally Identifiable Information
Hiplee.ai serves e-commerce merchants. From time to time, we may come into contact with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) relating to the customers of you, our merchants. Hiplee.ai does not store Personally Identifiable Information relating to the customers of our merchants, we either remove or redact any such information.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Personal Information
As a merchant, you may register with Hiplee.ai, we will retain your registration and associated information for as long as they remain registered. You may review and edit the information you have provided to us by logging into your registered account on our Services and editing your account information. If you choose to cancel your registration, we will delete the information that you have provided within a reasonable time thereafter if you so request.
6. What do we use your Information for?
- To provide our Services – for example, to verify your registration, provide Services such as recommendations.
- To improve our Services. We continually strive to improve our Services and make them easier to use based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To personalize your experience using our Services. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To communicate with you. The contact information you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Services;
- To respond when required by legal process such as warrant, subpoena etc;
- Your data may be used by third parties (such as Google, Facebook, AdRoll) to target advertising on other sites based on your users’ online activity.
7. Third party links
8.Disclosing information to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website and Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
9. Release of your Information for Legal Purposes
At times Hiplee may be required by law to release personal information in response to a legal request from a government agency or a private litigant. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either, and in certain cases we may be prohibited from notifying you. We also reserve the right to report any user, and release personal information about that user, to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that that user has engaged in fraudulent activities.
10. Email communications
Hiplee sends you service notifications and updates, product information and billing information to you via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how you can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. Hiplee will remove you at your request.
11. Our Policies Regarding Children
We do not collect or maintain information from those under the age of 13, and do not knowingly do so.
12. Access to your account
13. Security measures
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We review and update our security measures as and when is appropriate.
14. Cross-border Transfer
Hiplee holds your personal information on servers located in the United States of America (the U.S.)
We use top-tier, third-party data hosting providers including Amazon AWS to host our services on servers located in the U.S. If you are a non-U.S. resident, this means that your personal information will be transferred to the U.S.
We have in place transfer mechanisms with all our third party data hosting providers that satisfy the requirements relating to Hiplee’s transfer of data from the European Union to the U.S. We also off an additional Data Processing Agreement for EU customers to ensure compliance with the Safe Harbor framework
By entering personal information into Hiplee, you consent to that personal information being hosted on servers located in the U.S. While your personal information will be stored on servers located in the U.S., it will remain within Hiplee’s effective control at all times.
If you do not want your personal information to be transferred to a server located in the U.S., you should not provide Hiplee with your personal information or use the Service.
15. Your Consent
16. Opt Out from targeted Advertising
17. Changes to our Policy
18. Contact us regarding Policy
Effective Date: 20 February, 2019